Pınar Ertör Akyazı
Wildlife & Conservation
Ph. D., Department of Economics, Boğaziçi University, TR, 2016
M.A., Department of Economics, Boğaziçi University, TR, 2010
B.A., Department of Management, Boğaziçi University, TR, 2008
Management (Vordiplom), University of Cologne, DE, 2005
Assistant Professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Bogazici University, July 2020 – Present
Project Coordinator, COBENEFITS Project, Sabancı University, Istanbul Policy Center, September 2018 – April 2020
Mercator-IPC Fellow, Sabancı University, Istanbul Policy Center, September 2017 – August 2018
- Principal Investigator, “Wildlife-friendly agriculture: Analyzing the feasibility, costs and effectiveness from the perspective of small-scale farmers in Turkey” Boğaziçi University Scientific Research Projects (BAP) Start-Up Research Grant, 2021 – present
- Post-doc Researcher, “Carbon pricing and cooperation: An experimental evaluation of carbon taxes and carbon markets”, Boğaziçi University Scientific Research Projects (BAP) Project Grant (No: 13663), 2017 – 2019
- Post-doc Researcher, ISSC-funded ACKNOWL-EJ (Academic-Activist Co-Produced Knowledge for Environmental Justice) Project, International Social Science Council, Transformations to Sustainability, 2016 – 2019
- Researcher, Boğaziçi University Scientific Research Projects (BAP) Doctorate Project Grant (No: 9921), 2015 – 2016
- Research Fellow, EU funded 7th Framework Project EJOLT (Environmental Justice Organizations, Liabilities and Trade), 2010 – 2014
- Demirel, N., Ulman, A., Yıldız, T., & Ertör-Akyazi, P. (2021). A moving target: Achieving good environmental status and social justice in the case of an alien species, Rapa whelk in the Black Sea. Marine Policy, 132, 104687.
- Ertör-Akyazı, P., Akçay, Ç. (2021) Moral intuitions predict pro-social behaviour in a climate commons game. Ecological Economics, 181, 106918.
- Ertör-Akyazı, P. (2020). “Contesting growth in marine capture fisheries: the case of small-scale fishing cooperatives in Istanbul”, Sustainability Science 15, 45-62, DOI: 10.1007/s11625-019-00748-y.
- Ertör-Akyazı, P. (2019). “Formal versus informal institutions: Extraction and earnings in framed field experiments with small-scale fishing communities in Turkey”, Marine Policy 109, 103673.
- Özkaynak, B., Aydın, C. I., Ertör-Akyazı, P. & Ertör, I. (2015) “The Gezi Park Resistance from an Environmental Justice and Social Metabolism Perspective,” Capitalism Nature Socialism 26(1), 99–114.