Ceyda S. Uyguner Demirel
Advanced oxidation processes
Photocatalytic and photolytic reactions
Adsorption processes and metal interactions in aquatic systems
Drinking water quality
Ph. D., Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, TR, 2005
M.S., Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, TR, 1999
B.S., Chemistry Department, Boğaziçi University, TT, 1997
Instructor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Bogazici University, Istanbul, 2007-Present
Research assistant, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Bogazici University, Istanbul 1998-2007
Researcher, University of Salerno, Department of Civil Engineering, Sanitary Environmental Engineering Division, Fisciano (SA), 2007-2007
Researcher, University of Fisciano, Department of Civil Engineering, Sanitary Environmental Engineering Division, Fisciano (SA), Italy, 2006-2006
Researcher, Environmental Chemistry and Technology Programme, Water Chemistry Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2005-2005
Visiting researcher, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Kansas-Lawrence, 2002-2002
- Bogazici University, Scienti fic Research Projects Fund (BAP): “Recovery and reuse of Fe ( III) doped TiO2 in a solar photocatalytic reactor system”, 2012-2013, Project Coordinator.
- Bilateral Cooperation Programme, Joint Research Project between TÜBİTAK and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy “Surrogate parameters to control emerging contaminants in water treated by advanced oxidation processes”. Dr. Ceyda Uyguner Demirel (Boğaziçi University), Dr.Vincenzo Naddeo (University of Salerno), 2012-2015, Project Coordinator.
- TÜBITAK Project, “The behaviour of nanoparticles in conventional and bioreactor landfills”, 2013-, Researcher.
- H2020-WATER-2015, Research and Innovation Action (RIA), Water-Sustainable Point-Of-Use Treatment Technologies (WATERSPOUTT), “Development of water supply and sanitation technology, systems and tools, and/or methodologies”, 2016-, Researcher
- Uyguner-Demirel C.S., Birben NC., Bekbolet M., “Elucidation of background organic matter matrix effect on photocatalytic treatment of contaminants using TiO2: A review”, Catalysis Today, in press 2017
- Birben N.C., Uyguner-Demirel C.S., Sen-Kavurmaci S., Gurkan Y.Y., Turkten N., Cinar Z., M. Bekbolet M., “Application of Fe-doped TiO2 specimens for the solar photocatalytic degradation of humic acid”, Catalysis Today, 281, 78–84, 2017.
- Birben NC., Uyguner-Demirel C.S., Bekbolet M., “Organic matrix in reverse osmosis concentrate: Composition and treatment alternatives", Current Organic Chemistry, 6, 6, 91, 1-14, 2016
- Sakallioglu T., Bakirdoven M., Temizel I., Demirel B, Copty N.K., Onay T.T., Uyguner Demirel C.S., Karanfil T., “Leaching of nano-ZnO in municipal solid waste”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 317, 319–326, 2016.
- Uyguner-Demirel C.S., Birben C., Bekbolet, M., "Key role of common anions on the photocatalytic degradation profiles of the molecular size fractions of humic acids”, Catalysis Today, 209, 122-126, 2013.