Berat Z. Haznedaroğlu
Environmental microbiology and biotechnology
Fate and transport of pathogens
Microalgae functional genomics
Postdoctoral, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Yale University, USA, 2012
PhD, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of California-Riverside, USA, 2010
M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Villanova University, USA, 2005
B.S., Biology, Middle East Technical University, TR, 2003
Assistant Professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Bogazici University, Istanbul, 2014 - Present
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering, University at Buffalo, New York, 2012-2014
Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Yale University, 2010-2012
Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of California, 2005-2010
Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Villanova University, 2003-2005
- “Integrated Biorefinery Concept for Bioeconomy Driven Development (INDEPENDENT)”, Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology & Directorate General for EU and Foreign Affairs Department of EU Financial Programmes, Competitiveness and Innovation Sector Operational Programme (CISOP), 5.500.000€ [Award ID: EuropeAid/140111/IH/SUP/TR; December 2019–2022].
- “Microalgae Based Sustainable Bio-Jet Fuel Project (MICRO-JET)”, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), 1003 Primary Subjects R&D Funding Program, $448.000 [Award ID: 218M857; September 2019–2021].
- “Highly Nutritional Plant-based Food (IGNITE)”, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), 1512 Entrepreneurship Multi-phase Programme, $36.000 [Award ID: 2180589; July 2019–December 2020].
- “Joint Consortium on Algal Biotechnology for Bioeconomy-Driven Future”, British Council, Newton Fund Research Environment Links Program, $51.000 [Award ID: 439618100; co-PI: Alison Smith (University of Cambridge); January 2019–2020].
- “Center of Excellence for Novel Bio-Economy Resources (ÖBEK)” Marmara Development Agency, $140.000 [Award ID: TR42/18/URETIM/008, co-PIs: Işıl Kurnaz (GTU); Devrim Gözüaçık (Sabancı Uni.), Anıl Çetin (Koç Uni.); September 2018–May 2020].
- Gelgor, R.D., Ozcelik, D., and Haznedaroglu, B.Z., 2022. “Effect of Baking on the Biochemical Composition of Chlorella vulgaris”. Algal Research, (65), 102716. doi.org/10.1016/j.algal.2022.102716
- Matich, E.K., Ghafari, M., Camgoz, E., Caliskan, E., Pfeifer, B.A., Haznedaroglu, B.Z., and Atilla-Gokcumen, G.E., 2018. “Time series lipidomics analysis of the oleaginous green microalga species Ettlia oleoabundans under nutrient stress”, Biotechnology for Biofuels, 11(1), 29.
- Ghafari, M., Rashidi, B., and Haznedaroglu, B.Z., 2016. “Effects of Macro and Micronutrients on Neutral Lipid Accumulation in Oleaginous Microalgae”, Biofuels, 9(2), 147-156.
- Matich, E., Butryn, D., Ghafari, M., del Solar, V., Camgoz, E., Pfeifer, B., Aga, D.S., Haznedaroglu, B.Z., and Atilla-Gokcumen, G.E., 2016. “Mass spectrometry-based metabolomics of value added biochemicals in non-model microalgae”, Algal Research, 19, 146-154.
- Han, Y., Hwang, G., Kim, H., Haznedaroglu, B.Z., and Lee, B., 2015. “Amine-impregnated Millimeter-sized Spherical Silica Foams with Hierarchical Mesoporous-Macroporous Structure for CO2 Capture”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 259(2015), 653-662.